Global Master of Public Administration
- August 19, 2013 ~ December 18, 2014 (16 Months Study in Korea)
December 19, 2014 ~ August 31, 2015 (8 Months Thesis Revision in Home Country)
Number of Participants: 14
Qualifications for Applicants
- Citizens of “KOICA Scholarship Program” partner countries
- Officially nominated by their governments
- Government officials or employees in the public sector. Private sector employees are not eligible. However, if the applicant works in a development non-governmental organization(NGO) or UN-associated organization, they can apply on the condition that they obtain a recommendation from the government ministry which covers the organization.
- University/college graduate or have an equivalent educational background.
- Have a good command of both spoken and written English in order to take classes conducted entirely in English and to be able to write academic reports and theses in English
- In good health, both physically and mentally. Pregnancy, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis or any kind of contagious disease are regarded as a disqualifying conditions for the program
- Have not previously received a scholarship from the Korean government.
- Have not withdrawn from KOICA SP program due to submission of false documents, below average school performance, or violation of school regulations
Admissions are based on evaluation package with major consideration given to the applicant’s intellectual and academic capability, motives and scholastic purpose for study, and leadership potential
- Admission Decision Procedure
- Round 1: Evaluation of Application Package
- Round 2: Interview (via tele-conference) and Essay Test
Note : Interview and Essay Test will be conducted only for those applicants who have passed the Round 1 evaluation. Essay Test will be conducted shortly after the interview in the Round 2.
- Application & Registration Timetable
- Closing Date for Applications: March 7, 2013
- Document Review: March 11~18, 2013
- Phone Interview and Essay Test: March 21~29, 2013
- Final Admission Decision: April 19, 2013
- Arrival in Korea and go to the ICC of KOICA: August 14, 2013
- Move to the dormitory of Seoul National University: August 19, 2013
＊ Please note that dates are subject to change.
- Checklist of Application Documents
1. KOICA Application Form(KOICA Application Form.doc)
2. Seoul National University Form 1(SNU Application Form): Application Form (http://en.snu.ac.kr/admission)(Print out after completing application in English)
3. Seoul National University Form 2(Personal Statement and Study Plan): Personal Statement and Study Plan(Type in English and Print out)
4. Seoul National University Form 3(Two Letters of Recommendation): Recommendation : Two letters of recommendation from professors are required. (Download twice and to be completed by each of your two professors)
5. Seoul National University From 4(Financial Certification): Financial Certification
6. Official documents:
- Official Undergraduate Studies Transcripts : Transcripts must provide a record of the courses you have taken in each year of study along with the final grades
- Notarized Certificate of a Bachelor's Degree, and/or Undergraduate School Graduation Certificate
NOTE: Transcripts and Certificates from Chinese universities MUST be accompanied by verification from the China Academic Degree & Graduate Education Development Center. refer to the website http://www.cdgdc.edu.cn
7. Seoul National University Form 5(Verification_of_Academic_Record): Verification of Academic Record Print out the form and sign your name on the Letter of Agreement. Do not fill out the Verification Report portion
8. A copy of the applicant's passport (or other official document indicating your nationality)
9. Curriculum Vitae
10. Certificate of Employment (if applicable)
11. Certificate providing the English Proficiency : Applicant should submit a score report of a recognized English Proficiency Test such as TEPS 551, TOEFL (PBT 550, CBT 210, iBT80, IELTS 5.5 or higher, OR ANY OTHER SUPPPORTING DOCUMENTS which demonstrate appropriate English language proficiency.
For more information, including downloadable application forms, please refer to SNU Admission Guideline(http://en.snu.ac.kr/admission).